What the declinations say
Their chart comparison is a great example of how synastry is not done until you’ve at least surveyed the declinations for any major aspects (parallels and contra-parallels) that could color the overall picture. This is an example of what I look for in every synastry reading I do.
Meghan and Harry have mutual Sun-Moon parallels. This is an aspect that is every bit as indicative of basic bonding and unity as those planets would be in a conjunction (longitude/zodiac).
I have not personally validated these Ascendant figures by testing, but the AA data for her and A for him, plus the internal indicators are that they are accurate enough to rely on for the planet-to-planet comparisons.
First, a longitude aspect: Harry’s Moon is the stem planet of focus in a Yod with Meghan’s Neptune and Pluto. Her creativity and trans-personal values will influence and reshape his habits and help grow his sensitivities. With his Moon in steady Taurus, I expect he has been quite willing.
Some nice aspects (*declinations)
– His Sun sextile her Uranus
– His Venus sextile her Pluto
– His Mars trine her Sun
– His Jupiter square her Moon: yes, this is a positive aspect in synastry and generally, including in transits as even Robert Hand notes in his book Planets in Transit. It shows he tends to be indulgent of her and feels extra giving to her.
– His Saturn is sextile her Venus
– His Saturn is trine her Mars
– His Uranus is trine her Sun and Mercury
– His Uranus is sextile her Jupiter and Saturn
* His North Node parallel her Mercury, which helps with their communication as they move forward.
More challenging aspects
– His Sun square her Neptune
* His Venus contra-parallel her Pluto
– His Mars square her Venus, although many people like this type of aspect and it certainly does not ruin any synastry
* His Jupiter contra-parallel her Mars
– His Jupiter square her Saturn, so they have different notions of extravagance and its limits and/or ethical limits
– His Uranus square her Venus
– His Pluto square her North Node, and he has certainly transformed her life direction even so far, but it will be stressful for her to maintain her own direction and clear purpose.
– His South Node conjunct her Uranus shows me a past life connection that was abruptly disrupted or broken and can make for some uneasiness moving forward.
The most interesting aspect is in declination
– His Uranus parallel her Neptune within 0°02′ arc. This suggests they will be a highly unusual couple in some respects, and certainly already are against the backdrop of royal British tradition. After all, she is American and of mixed heritage. So this aspect implies some brilliance, some uniqueness, some creative approaches to their life together that could not only break conventions, but even induce the support of others in doing so.
In the end, there is no better set of aspects than the mutual Sun-Moon parallels. This is why declinations are so important.
I am not going to predict the fate of their marriage based on this (or even on a composite chart). I wish them a happy and long life together, just as I want for Heather and I.