These perceptions of Americans by foreigners or immigrants are really relevant when considering the USA birth chart.
Some of the highlights are:
– huge food portions (doing things big)
– casual ways Americans dress (emphasis on comfort over professionalism)
– privacy and personal space is expected even in relation to one’s family
– religion has more effect and presence in society than in other western nations (a traditionalist anchor)
– fitness craze by so many seen jogging, etc, contrasted with the unfit and obese
– our ignorance of other nations, peoples, and traditions contrasted with our overall friendliness, positivity, and openness
– the hugeness of everything, the expanse of the nation, the huge scale of natural settings, mountains, etc
– the American high level of interest in guns and the lack of regulation of gun sales, along with the level of violence we perpetrate against each other
– the healthcare system and its problems
1. Rakib Islam
I am originally from Bangladesh and here are a few things that I find hard to explain to peeps back home.
- Fruits and vegetables are way more expensive than meat and poultry.
- That, generally speaking, the poor is more obese than the rich.
- A lot of couples adopt children, sometimes in spite of having their own, and treat them exactly like their own. (To me, this alone is a marker of a great people)
- By and large, people do not carry cash.
- That you address your boss (and some of your professors)…
View original post 5,975 more words